I'm originally from Northeast Ohio, about an hour east of Cleveland and half an hour from Lake Erie in an area called the "snowbelt," so expect to hear me talk about snow! I moved to Kentucky for college, earning my Bachelor of Arts in English in 2014 from Asbury University, then my Master of Education from the University of Kentucky in 2017. My husband and I moved to Knoxville, Tennessee in 2020 to be closer to his family, and I am so honored to be teaching at North Middle, one of the very schools my husband attended growing up! My husband and I live in West Knoxville with our two cats and our dog.
But that's not what you really want to know, is it? You want to know the really important things. Like...
What are your cats' and dog's names?
- My cats are Phoebe and Clark, and my dog is Bruce. You can see pictures of them over here! >>>
How do I stay on your good side?
- Kindness and a positive attitude go a long, long way, dear ones. Be kind to your classmates, all your other fellow Stars, and yourself. And remember that I will always be proud of you as long as you are doing your best.
Is your class hard?
- I think hard is the wrong word. You can expect to be challenged this year, and you can expect me to hold you to high standards. We will work through a lot of critical thinking and analysis skills, so expect to explain your reasoning in depth and to really dig in to why.
- We have a new curriculum this year that I'm very eager to explore with you! Its texts are challenging, but I think you'll find them exciting and thought-provoking.
What else do you like to do?
- I love to garden, and I also have lots of indoor plants. You can see some pictures of my garden and my herb boxes from this summer in the slideshow on the right! >>>>
- I love to read (of course!), but I also enjoy writing in my spare time. My husband and I also love board games.
- I really like...wait for it...videogames! I especially enjoy ones with well-written narratives and ones that let you create your own story. My all-time favorites are Skyrim and Horizon: Zero Dawn, but I also know quite a bit about Minecraft!
What's your favorite...?
- Movie: Jurassic Park
- Food: Sushi
- Candy: Milky Way or Skittles
- Drink: Any kind of coffee or a McDonald's Sprite (yes, it matters)
- Color: Blue
- Book: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez